Tagged here: http://vanishing-cake.livejournal.com/47633.html
A. List seven habits/quirks/facts about yourself.
B. Tag seven people to do the same.
C. Do not tag the person who tagged you or say that you tag "whoever wants to do it."
1. I can move one eye independently of the other. One of my eyes sees things in a more reddish hue, and the other sees them in a more bluish hue. Obvs, when I'm looking through both they're normal. My right eye is "dominant", which is where some of my depth perception problems come from (although the doctor says it's more a problem in my brain than with my eyes, which... yeah, thanks). Like the lovely vcake I'm legally blind sans glasses (20/375 in the left, 20/400 in the right). "Okay, read from the big E." "There's a big E?"
2. I sleep during the day and stay awake during the night. My body's pretty hard-wired this way (and has been since early childhood, actually), when I'm off this schedule I get cranky and weird. I also can't sleep in the dark, so if it's rainy out I have terrible nightmares. I'm also afraid of the dark and sleep with a nightlight for those hours before the sun comes up (if I go to bed early).
3. My hair is my favorite thing ever. It's waist-length currently but I'll probably be having a trim soon, it needs it. Probably about 3 inches.
4. I'm writing a novel and I'm almost done, but the climax is being a bitch. I'm utterly terrified of sending it away to publishers/agents, to the point where I've almost given up.
5. My brain thinks only in a straight line. When I cut something, for example, I get the scissors, cut the paper, and then go do whatever it is I wanted to with the paper. I don't go backwards- which means that putting the scissors away goes to the back of the mental list of things to do. I also can't see the forest for the trees- I can't even see the trees. I see bark on one tree that needs to be alphabetized.
6. My favorite words to say/think are "Kylie", "Beatles," "pleasant," "bubble", "chuckle", "jingle", "cupcake", "cake", "birthday", "Christmas" and "love/lovely/loved/loving (you get the picture)". I don't overuse them, they just sound nice when they come out.
7. If I were an animal, I'd be a bird. I'm not overly concerned about being able to fly (people always name this as the superpower they want but I'd much rather have heat vision 'cause I'm always cold), but I think I'm pretty much a parakeet in a human body - I like to chatter, listen to fast music, dash from activity to activity without taking care to do it right, and nibbling tasty treats. And of course, shiny, colorful things are like crack to me. And I think I'm kind of flighty/flaky when it comes to being a good friend, which is what birds do- no matter how much you love them, they don't cuddle you for very long and prefer food over you. Of course I do like cuddling, tho. And it doesn't mean I don't love people very, very much. I'm just bad at showing it.
As for tagging, honestly, I have no idea which of you would even want to do it, so, in defiance of the rulez, I tag whichever people like talking about themselves.
I'm also thinking of going back through the OT posts and compiling the Scatt sims over here in my journal, as an archive. It's a lot of work, but you guys can talk me into it, right? :)
- ivybnarcissistflower @ 12:18 AM